Translate

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

When a boy actually texts you...

Sorry about the crappy picture...but it represents my reaction pretty well.
It was just like any other day.  I was being my antisocial self, sitting at my computer. I got a message on Facebook, but it was from this guy that was from my 7th grade PE class whom I've had barely any contact with even when he was in my class years ago.  Assuming it was some sort of spam I decided to reply and see what kind of weight-losing program, game, or other strange website was spamming me this time.  Instead, I got a "what's up?" He started asking about my summer and I suddenly realized that I was actually talking to a real person.  Out of curiosity, I kept participating in the conversation.  He asked for my phone number so we could text, and I thought why not?  I eventually asked him why he messaged me in the first place.  His reply: "Cuz ur cute(: and u were always nice to me and I wanted to get to know u."  Did he know who he was talking to?  Was he aware that I'm completely boy repellant?  Why did he write his happy face the wrong way?  Was this some sort of joke to mess with me?  All of this stuff was bouncing around my head at the sight of that text.  He kept telling me how pretty and amazing I am.  He even told me that I'm his dream girl.  I thought this sort of stuff only happens in unrealistic books and movies.  What happened to my sane world?  I found myself drawing hearts all over the place. My reality faded into a fantasy.  I was constantly red in the face just thinking what he had said.  Then things took a downturn.  He asked if I have a hot body.  He then asked if I wanted to see his.  I may be socially awkward and possibly mistaken, but I'm pretty sure he offered to send me nudes and that he wanted mine in return.  This is where the fairytale turned sour.  He can't call me his dream girl if he's barely said a word to me before.  What does he know about me?  He only wants me for my body and good looks (although I think he has terrible eyesight).  Sure, this is the first time a boy has ever called me beautiful, but this opens my eyes to something.  You're really finding a gem when you meet a boy that doesn't want to just get in your pants.  The boy that's been texting me asked me what my dream boy is.  Well, my dream boy is a guy that cares about ME.  He wants to make me smile, to find enjoyment in life, and he cares about my personality, not my body.  Don't settle for the guy that just thinks you're pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment